Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

RTW: Tardy As Usual...

Hello strangers.  I swear this book is sucking the life right out of me, but from what I hear, that is a good thing.  I'm sufficiently invested.  Anyway, my tardiness is showing again but I felt compelled to participate in yesterday's Road Trip Wednesday question, seeing as it's a phenomenal one.

YA Highway's Road Trip Wednesday question of the week:

What song would you love to see a book based on?

I actually spent a lot of time thinking this one over, and though I tried really hard to distance the question from my own WIP, sadly I just couldn't.  I am so immersed in the story I can't seem to direct my creative kool-aid down another avenue.  So, after much hair pulling and frustrated groaning, I came up with one of the songs that has been a significant influence in my own WIP.

I am sure most of you out there are familiar with Florence and the Machine.  I find their music to be very helpful while I'm writing and I listen to it often.  Every one of their songs has a super epic feel to it and I guess that helps me write.  The song that I've played so many times my kids are humming it around the house is "No Light, No Light".  It encompasses a lot of what my characters are going through and seems to summarize the overall tone of my story pretty well.  I don't want to give too much away because I'm an anxious ball of nerves when it comes to discussing the premise of my book, but I wanted to share the song that has fueled much of the story for me.

Here's the song, in case you aren't familiar with it:


(I chose not to provide the music video for this song, which depicts gyrating men, choir boys, voodoo, and other wacky things that seem to be very typical of a Florence and the Machine video, because unfortunately I have none of these things going on in my story.  The lyrics are the focus here.  Maybe in the next book, I'll include some of this to liven it up a bit...)


And now the hermit is telling me it's time to crawl back into the writing cave.  It sure was nice to see you, sunshine.  Does anyone else have a particular artist or song that either fuels their writing or should be made into a book?




No comments:

Post a Comment