Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

NaPoWriMo... Say What?

It's National Poetry Month!

Are you ready for it?  Have you cleared your schedules and set aside some time each day this month?  Have you stocked up on coffee, tea, No. 2 pencils, or whatever else you find essential to your poetry writing process?  Every year, April rolls in and I can hardly contain my excitement.  For me, this is a time to put whatever marathon projects I have been slugging away at aside and enjoy the fresh perspective of a poem a day.  That's right, it's a 30 poems in 30 days challenge.  

There are oodles and oodles of blogs, websites, and other sources on the interweb where you can share your poems each day this month.  Some of them also offer poetry prompts each day to get your gears turning.  My personal favorite is the Writers' Digest Poetic Asides Blog.  Or, if you're not into sharing, keep them to yourself.  Whatever suits your fancy.  But do participate.  It's lots of fun and can give you a fresh perspective, not only on life, but on your writing projects that you may be so immersed in that you can't see the forest for the trees.

Here's one to get you started.  Enjoy and happy poeming!



Virgin snow
encasing my toes
as I blot
pristine white
with these bygone impressions
of my origin




No comments:

Post a Comment