Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Liebster Blog Award




Even though I have been very, very absent from the blogosphere lately, a couple of wonderful people have nominated my blog for the "Liebster Blog Award" and I couldn't be more thrilled!  The Liebster Blog award is a way to recognize the hard work of bloggers and the outstanding value of blogs that may not have a large following.  After being nominated twice by Squid McFinnigan and Glendon Perkins, I decided I'd better kick it into gear and accept the darn thing.


Here are the rules for accepting the Liebster Blog Award:

  1. List eleven random facts about yourself
  2. Nominate eleven other bloggers
  3. Notify said bloggers
  4. Ask eleven questions of the eleven bloggers that must be answered upon acceptance
  5. Answer the eleven questions that were asked of you upon your nomination
  6. Link back to the person that nominated you



And so, without further ado, here are eleven random facts about me:

  1. I cannot sleep in silence at night.
  2. I was a long and triple jumper in high school.
  3. I love the smell of freshly cut grass.
  4. I would rather stay in and read a book than go out.
  5. I have never broken a bone.
  6. My favorite alcoholic drink is gin & tonic (with lots o' lime).
  7. I never understood the purpose of Dopey the Dwarf.
  8. My favorite season is Fall.
  9. I love movies that make me think.
  10. I am a grammar enthusiast.
  11. I am deathly afraid of snakes.




These are the eleven bloggers/blogs that I would like to nominate.  Some of them actually have large followings, so I might be bending the rules a bit, but these are the blogs I have found to be amazing and invaluable and feel deserve recognition:



Please take the time to check them all out- they are amazing in so many ways!  There are many other bloggers and blogs that deserve recognition, but I tried to pick some that haven't yet been nominated.



Onto the eleven questions!  If all of you nominees would like to accept, you must answer these questions:

  1. What is the blog post you are most proud of and why?
  2. Name three of your favorite authors.
  3. What do you feel you gain from blogging?
  4. If you could visit anywhere in the world for free for only a day, where would you choose?
  5. What is the fondest memory you have?
  6. What is your greatest fear?
  7. Who has been the most influential person in your writing life?
  8. What is your favorite genre to read?
  9. What is your guilty pleasure?
  10. Name one strength and one weakness you possess.
  11. What song do you put on for a road trip?




And finally, the answers to the eleven questions I was asked by Mr. Squid McFinnigan:

  1. Where were you when you had your first kiss?  On the elementary school playground.
  2. Your house is on fire; what 3 things would you save? (people excluded)   A flashdrive of family photos, my laptop, and as many books as I could fit under one arm.
  3. What is your favorite blog post of your own blog?   10 Reasons Your Non-Writer Friends and Family Think You're Crazy
  4. If you could switch with one person for 24 hours, who would you pick?   I have always wanted to be Indiana Jones...
  5. What 4 famous people would you invite round to your house for dinner? (alive or dead)   Stephen King, Johnny Depp, Dorothy Parker, and Marilyn Monroe.
  6. Your guilty pleasure...    Dipping Oreos in peanut butter.
  7. Nicest thing another person has ever done for you?   Accepted me for exactly who and what I was and stuck by me through some very rough times.
  8. Nicest thing you have done for a stranger?   I gave a homeless person a spendy dinner to go outside a restaurant in Boulder.
  9. What is your partner's (present or past) most annoying trait?   Not picking up after himself.
  10. Greatest fear?   Failure.
  11. Your New Year's resolution from last year?   I didn't make any!  Low expectations...



And there you have it!  I am looking forward to hearing all the nominees' answers.  Thanks to Squid McFinnigan and Glendon Perkins for nominating me and thanks to all you bloggers and readers for making the interweb an incredible place!

No comments:

Post a Comment