Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

NaNoWriMo, anyone?

Hello, my fellow writers.  How has NaNo been treating you thus far?  After a lot of debate, I have decided not to partake in NaNo this year.  The novel I am working on is very similar to my daughter in that it will not be held down by schedules or any type of orderly constraints.  So, I decided to do the November Chapbook Challenge from the Writers' Digest site instead.  It is a poem a day for thirty days, and I am thoroughly enjoying it.  There are daily prompts to get your poetry gears turning.  If you haven't heard of it, I suggest you check it out! 

Anyway, I just felt like sharing my day five poem today.  Read and enjoy.





Sunday Morning


I caught a glimpse of your love today,
concealed in your stoic presence.

It wasn’t the love that twirls children
like helicopters, whirling from tall maples,

or the love that bears shrieking when
the home team loses the puck;

it was the warm squeeze of your fingertips
as you blanketed my frozen toes

on your way to the kitchen, reminding me
the lighthouse still glimmers over hazy waters.







Happy NaNoWriMo!

No comments:

Post a Comment